About the film
Gaudí and Dali, Rodin’s “The Kiss” – ok, the ticket is 15 euro, but the students get a discount, latte – make sure you said “macchiato” otherwise you’ll get a glass of milk. H&M sales, cheap alcohol and costly god dammit cigarettes – so, don’t be a fool and buy some packs at home, but hide them properly before the customs. Bologna Process, various cote d’-azurs, gay clubs and lots of homeless people.
Budapest. Three dreamers from the post-soviet states happen to meet under the roof of a tight Hungarian apartment to the sounds of rock’n’roll and classic music. They would hardly become friends at home. But here these three young souls are united by the same language and European dream sharing deep solitude. The solitude bringing love. Ruthless love with no rules and no gender.
Help our project
“ahaha” should exist for two reasons:
1. “ahaha” touches on the immigration topic from a different perspective.
2. “ahaha” paints a picture of young people born at the beginning of 90s who grew up into a dreaming generation and happen to be unadapted to live in the 2nd decade of 2000s.
The Belarusian reality provides no supporting funds for filmmakers. Thus, we are hopefully looking for co-production, distribution and the help of the private individuals.
To support our project you can click here:
The film will claim to attend major film festivals and world wide theatre release.
- short film "What’s Belarus?", 2015 (designer).
- full-length film “The Count in Oranges”, 2015 (Ales, main role)
- short film "What’s Belarus?" - Belarus, 2015 (teenager).
- full-length film “The Count in Oranges” – Belarus, 2015 (Belyi, main role)
- international full-length film “Elie/Elina” – Belarus/Lebanon, 2016 (Petenka)
- 2017 "The treasure of the Black Lady", lead Black Lady, dir. Honzo Novak
- 2017 "I's prefer your problems, princess!", lead Tanya, dir. Ellie All Hajj
- 2016 «The code of Cain», lead journalist Alesya Vasilkova, реж. William del Vital
- 2016 «Dog Brown», role nurse Lena, dir. William del Vital
- 2016 "House for dol", role Tanka, dir. Gleb Yakubovsky
- 2015 "The most important thing", lead Dasha Potapova, dir. Alexander Efremov
- 2015 «Weeping willow», role lawyer Alina Menshovа, dir. Felix Gerchikov
- 2015 «Devils», lead Lena, dir. Kirill Galitsky
- 2015 «Sorry for all», role Viktoria, dir. Pavel Snisarenko
- 2014 «I wont forget you», lead Polina, dir. Maxim Demchenko
- 2014 «Life will show», lead Nadezhda, dir. Oleg Fesenko
- 2014 "All the treasures of the world", role Galya, dir. Alexander Efremov
- 2013 «HansIvan», lead Snezhana, dir. Igor Osmolovsky
- 2012 «Above the sky», lead Yana, dir. Dmitry Marinin
Director, Producer, Screenwriter
She was born in 1986 in Vitebsk, Belarus. In 2005 she graduated from the Belarusian State University as a computer linguist. In 2011 she graduated from Film School as a screenwriter and in 2013 – as a filmmaker.
- short film "Life in a checkered bag" - Belarus, 2011 - screenwriter.
- short film "Life in miniature" – Belarus, 2011 (second prize at Bulbamovie 2012 in Warsaw) - screenwriter.
- short film "What’s Belarus?" – Belarus, 2015 (prize for the best camera work in Russia) - co-director, co-screenwriter.
- short film "The best girl ever" – Belarus, 2012 (unusual directing prize at Kinovarka 2012, the best film prize at Non-formal learning Festival 2012 in Minsk) - co-screenwriter, co-director.
- debut full-length film "The Count in Oranges" – Belarus, 2015 (Moscow Film festival, Alania Turkish Film Festival, Cottbus Film Festival) – screenwriter, director, producer.
- International full-length film "Elie/Elina" – to be released in September – screenwriter, director.
Director of Photography
He was born in 1992 Minsk, Belarus. At present he works in “36 Kadrov production” as a DOP
- short film "What’s Belarus?" – Belarus, 2015 (prize for the best camera work in Russia) – director of photography.
- full-length film "The Count in Oranges" – Belarus, 2015 (Moscow Film festival, Alania Turkish Film Festival, Cottbus Film Festival).
- international full-length film "Elie/Elina" – to be released in September – director of photography.
Maxim Gavrilenko was born in 1993 in Mogilev. In 2013 he graduated from Minsk State Polytechniclal College “MSPC”. In 2013 Maxim entered Belarusian State Academy of Arts “Sound engineering” specialization. Maxim has already worked for 9 projects 2 of them are full-length movies.
- Gosudarstvennaya boundary film 9 "Courier fear" (BelarusFilm, assistant sound engineer).
- "Black spider web" (BelarusFilm, 4 series, assistant sound engineer).
- "Under the canopy of trees" (BK Film, short film festival, on-site sound).
- Promotional video "Piano tiles 2" (Sound).
- Promotional video "Appodeal" (Sound).
- Promotional video "Piano tiles 1" (Sound).
- Commercials FxClub (sound technician).
- "Hold on to the Clouds" (BelarusFilm, television series, an assistant sound engineer).
- «Woods» (Rohfilm GmbH, a film boom operator).
She was born in 1980 Minsk, Belarus. In 1998 she got hairdresser classes and entered “Bahirev Studio” as a stylist and make-up artist in 2007 and graduated from Nastya’s Valitskaya style and Make up School a year later. In 2011 Marina graduated from Master Company “European manufactory of show-business” where she took make-up artist courses. In 2011 she graduated from Minsk Film School with the specialization of “Visual effects, prosthetics make-up”. In 2013 Marina took prosthetics make-up special course by Cezary Kostrzewski. With a great background experience in make-up industry Marina worked as a make-up and prosthetics make-up artist for more than 8 TV series, 7 TV-shows and 8 full-length movies.
Elena is an accountant but as she says music is her destiny. She has been learning music since her childhood. “It’s been a 45th anniversary of me and my piano together”. Her first Tango was created for Igor’s Polyakov movie “Tango October” 2009. After that she realized that music for the cinema industry is what she can really do. In 2015 she composed music for the Belarusian full-length feature film “The Count in Oranges” and short film “What’s Belarus?” She keeps working with Vlada Senkova till now.